A course is an area where a teacher will add resources and activities for their students to complete. It might be a simple page with downloadable documents or it might be a complex set of tasks where learning progresses through interaction. Progress can be tracked in a number of ways. This ensures that all courses are made available on the courseware site.
The course page is made up of central sections which contain the tasks and (if desired) blocks to the side. The course teacher has control over the layout of the course homepage and can change it at any time.
Students can be enrolled manually by the teacher, automatically by the administrator, or they can be allowed to enrol themselves. Students can also be added to groups if they need to be separated from classes sharing the same course or if tasks need to be differentiated.
- Adding a new course - you can create a new course on your courseware site.
- Course categories - you can organise courses into a hierarchy suitable for you.
- Course settings - you can control how course appears to participants.
- Course formats - the different ways course sections might be laid out.
- Course homepage - an overview of a typical course home page.
- Course FAQ - a list of frequently asked questions about Moodle courses.
Deleting a course(s)
A regular teacher can't delete a course. Administrators and managers can delete courses. A Course creator can delete courses they have created themselves.
Adding a category
Most people organize their courses by department and college or by topic. Be sure to test the organizational scheme with a few users before entering a large number of courses, to save time in moving them later.
Questions can be created in Moodle for use in quizzes and for import into lessons.
- Simple Calculated
- Calculated Multichoice
- Embedded Answers (Cloze)
- Multiple Choice
- Third party question types
Course enrolment is the process where authenticated courseware users can be registered as course participants.
- All course participants are enrolled in the course and assigned an appropriate role.
- Can be assigned to groups
- Have grades
- Can submit assignments
- Are visible in the list of participants
- Can subscribe to forums
- Can participate in choices
Only enrolled users are true participants in course.