An administrator can perform various tasks relating to user accounts
- Browse list of users - you can search for, find and edit user accounts
- Bulk user actions - you can message, confirm, download or perform other actions on a large group of users globally
- Add a new user - you can create one individual user account
- Upload users - you can bulk create new user accounts
- User pictures - you can bulk upload profile pictures for users
- User profile fields - you can create customised profile fields
Enrolment is the process of marking users as participants in courses, that includes both students and teachers. At the same time users are usually give a role in the course which specifies what they are allowed to do.
e-school provides a number of ways of managing course enrolment, called enrolment plugins. These include:
- Manual enrolment - the administrator or course teacher adds users manually.
- Self enrolment - a user can choose to enrol him/herself into a course.
- Cohort sync - users are part of a Cohort which is added to the course.
- Course meta link - users enrolled in other courses are given automatic access
- Guest access - users can view course materials but not participate.
- Category enrolments - users are enrolled in all courses in a category
- External database - users are enrolled from a database such as Access, MySQL
- Flat file -users are enrolled with a csv file.
- IMS Enterprise - users are enrolled with this standard XML file format
- LDAP enrolment - users are authenticated and then enrolled through LDAP
- MNet remote enrolments - users are enrolled via a linked NAPTIN courseware site
- PayPal - users purchase enrolment with Paypal.